[Lazarus] External/out-of-tree LCL widgetset

Fri Dec 1 08:01:06 CET 2017

On 2017-12-01 06:42, Martin Schreiber via Lazarus wrote:
> That is your opinion, my opinion is that RAD is the most productive
> development technology for most of the projects if done right,

And your last 3 words is the most important part - "if done right". In
my 20+ years of using Delphi, I can count of one hand how many company
products I've seen "done right" using the RAD style approach. And I've
worked at plenty of companies in that 20+ years. It seems "if done
right" is a near impossibility for most Delphi developers.

So I'm not saying its impossible, just very very unlikely. Using non-RAD
approaches seems to guide the developer in better design, but yes, they
could still screw that up too (without leadership guidance).

Regards,
   Graeme