[Lazarus] CHM help package

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Sat Dec 9 16:01:59 CET 2017

On Fri, Dec 08, 2017 at 03:23:06PM +0300, Sergey Bodrov via Lazarus wrote:
> There is too many changes in many files, and that can't be posted as simple
> diff patch.

Then layer them. Make patches for the most essential bits, and then reallign
your sources.

> 1. FPC package 'chm' contain file fasthtmlparser.pas, that used in some
> non-CHM packages and projects. May be better move that file to some generic
> package - fcl-base, for example?

Afaik this was meant as a copy of that parser dedicated for chm that could
evolve with the package.  So if you need it more general, whip up a suitable
general version.

> 2. FPC package 'chm' contain LZX compression routines in some files
> - paslzx.pas, paslzxcomp.pas, paslznonslide.pas, lzxcompressthread.pas.
> They not depends on other files in 'chm' and can be maintained as separate
> package.

What does that make possible that currently is not possible? Do we really
have to spin each unit into a separate package? I don't see the point.

Note also that iirc CHM lzx and e.g. CAB lzx vary in some ways. (headers?)

But even bypassing that, what is the problem of having to instal 10 extra
units (150kb) to make a CAB decompressor?