[Lazarus] Lazarus Release 1.8

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Mon Dec 11 15:52:16 CET 2017

El 11/12/17 a les 13:43, Michael Van Canneyt ha escrit:

>> [*] I don't know if freeing a thread in OnTerminate is allowed. FPC
>> documentation here
>> https://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/classes/tthread.onterminate.html
>> says nothing about it, but
>> the example here (mentioned in the bug report)
>> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/CodeExamples/Tokyo/en/TThreadYield_(Delphi)
>> seems to imply that it should.
>
> It is definitely not allowed in FPC, and I will document it as such.

Ouch, that's not delphi compatible then (unless the example is flawed).
In any case it's better to be not compatible and clearly documented than
vaguely documented and maybe (just maybe) compatible (i.e. I don't
really care about delphi compatibility since I don't use it, but
sometimes you have to rely on delphi examples/documentation).

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007