[Lazarus] Having trouble using Indy inside command line program

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 00:43:25 CET 2017

On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 01:05:59 +0100, Bo Berglund via Lazarus

>3) And what should I do when creating a "Program" application in
>Lazarus to make it possible to use the units from indylaz without
>fussing with the paths to the Indy sources?
>The program should be possible to build also on Linux.

I have gotten advice from Remy Lebeau (main keeper of the Indy
project) to use what he calls "FPC's Online Package Manager" to
install Indy in FPC. Or use Lazarus' OPM to do the same.

Well I found a wiki page I did not know about here:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Online_Package_Manager

I made a test on a RaspberryPi where I could easily install Lazarus
1.8.0 from sources and I already had FPC 3.0.4.

And it really was a simplification on the way I had earlier struggled
to get Indy10 properly installed!

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden