[Lazarus] StringGrid & Accented characters

Koenraad Lelong lazarus2 at de-brouwerij.be
Thu Feb 2 19:52:37 CET 2017

Hi,

I need to bulk-create a number of accounts for some service. The data I
get from an excel-file. Unfortunately, the user-names contain accents
(e.g. é or è) which the service does not accept. So I'm trying to make a
converter.
I thought of using a StringGrid to "LoadfromCSV", modify the cells and
then save the grid to CSV again.
Unfortunatly, when I load the CSV, the StringGrid shows strange
characters for the accented letters. Is a StringGrid capable of storing
those accented letters ? If so, how could I change them to their plain
equivalents ?

Any thoughts ? Thanks,

Koenraad.