[Lazarus] IDE Component-dialog: small button

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Mon Feb 6 09:49:15 CET 2017

On 06/02/17 02:28, wkitty42--- via Lazarus wrote:
> On 02/05/2017 07:41 PM, Alexey via Lazarus wrote:
>> In this dialog, button Use is too narrow. Can i make diff, to make it
>> wide, e.g.
>> 80pix?
>
> ummm, it looks plenty big enough... all of the letters show with no
> clipping on either side... what am i missing??

It looks like a button that has been autosized; I must admit my feeling
is that autosized buttons should have a minimum width, something like
the width of a "Cancel" button, say. The general GUI convention seems to
be to have all buttons of similar sizes, and the lazarus autosize
algorithm produces buttons that can often look on the small side
compared to most programs. Turning off autosizing is a bad idea because
of the variety of system fonts.

Colin