[Lazarus] Does anybody know a TStrinGrid-Component capable of sorting Date. Time, Float ...

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 07:27:48 CET 2017

On Monday 13 February 2017 20:25:48 John Landmesser via Lazarus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i searched some time for such a component ... in vain!
>
> So i developed myself a TStringGrid,  that sorts columns with TDate,
> TTime, TFloat ...

TWidgetGrid from MSEgui supports it. There TDataEdit descendendants
(TStringEdit, TRealEdit, TDateEdit...) can be placed in the grid and build a
column of the given type. TwidgetGrid does not inherit from TStringGrid but
from TCustomGrid. There is also TDBWidgetGrid which connects to a
TDatasource.

The code is here:
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mseide-msegui

> I can't believe that this doesn't allready exists for Lazarus?!

The implementation is very complex...

Martin