[Lazarus] LCL High-DPI request for help adding images

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Sun Feb 26 18:00:39 CET 2017

I use Inkscape for icons. I use some template 64*64 px (although px means nothing in vector format, it is moreless for help-grid only). Then I use rsv-convert tool to convert icons to *.png. The icons looks best with integer multiples/divisor (i.e. 16, 32, 64, 128 px etc.). The non-integer look is also accepatble (24, 48, 96 px).

V.
> Od: Donald Ziesig via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>
> Komu: lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org
> Datum: 26.02.2017 17:01
> Předmět: Re: [Lazarus] LCL High-DPI request for help adding images

On 02/26/2017 10:33 AM, Vojtěch Čihák via Lazarus wrote:Wouldn't be better (or would it be possible) to have *.svg icons in resources and generate *.png icons on start of IDE? Now you add 150% and 200%, later will come 250, 300% as 4k, 5k and 8k monitors come to market.

I agree.  I just spent most of two days rescaling the icons with gimp, then registering them.  It looks good, but I sure would not want to have to repeat for 200%, etc.
Don