[Lazarus] Animation library

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Feb 27 14:25:00 CET 2017

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017, José Mejuto via Lazarus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In the last days I was working in something like an animation library that
> allows me to perform flashing messages, collapsable panels, and other simple
> animation effects.
>
> The pre-requisites are no threading involved, it must be able to animate
> anything (abstraction) and life cycle must be handled by the engine.
>
> Finally I end with and alpha version which I wish to share with the community
> to get a bit of feedback before include it in Lazarus CCR or maybe in LCL
> itself.
>
> The current code has two "libraries", the "uanimationbasic" which handles the
> objects life cycle and coordinate operations and a derived
> "uanimationcontrol" with a series of animations to be used in form controls.
>
> As demos uses images the size of the package are quite big to be included in
> this email so you can download it from:
>
> http://dyn.consultem.org/jfanimlib.zip (268 Kb).
>
> Attached screenshot of controls sample.
>
> It has been tested with Lazarus 1.6 and fpc 3.0.0 in Windows, but Linux
> should work also.

I get an error on uanimationcontrol.pas, line 621:

     NRect.Width:=CalculateLinearPosition(FInitialRect.Width,FFinalRect.Width,GetElapsedMilliseconds,FDuration);
     NRect.Height:=CalculateLinearPosition(FInitialRect.Height,FFinalRect.Height,GetElapsedMilliseconds,FDuration);

fpc 3.0.0, linux 64 bit.

Michael.