[Lazarus] In search of a component for holding a table of strings

Michael Thompson mike.cornflake at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 01:46:03 CET 2017

> I am in need of a component/clas that can hold a
> 2 dimensional "table" of strings.

It has taken me a ridiculously long time to discover bufdataset, but right
now I'm re-writing whole chunks of code to use these.   Advantage for me:
Filtering/Locate/Sort.  For debug purposes, if you want to see the contents
of the array, just plonk a DBGrid and point the bufdataset to that.

Our wiki overcomplicates the control - it probably assumes you already know
the basics.

: Good simple start point code...
http://forum.lazarus-ide.org/index.php?topic=31698.0

: Advanced topics, but only if needed...
http://wiki.freepascal.org/How_to_write_in-memory_database_applications_in_Lazarus/FPC

Cheers

Mike