[Lazarus] In search of a component for holding a table of strings

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 11:19:33 CET 2017

On 05/01/17 17:10, Bart via Lazarus wrote:
> On 1/5/17, Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I constructed a TStringTable class that does all I need (and more):
>> - insert, add, delete rows/cols
>> - autogrow colcount (with insertrow)
>> - exchange rows/cols
>> - get/set rows/cols
>> - property Cells[ACol, ARow]: string (read/write)
>>
>> It can be found here:
>> http://svn.code.sf.net/p/flyingsheep/code/trunk/MijnLib/stringtable.pp
>
> Just implemented sorting.
>
> Bart

Hi Bart,

just having a look at the declaration, haven't skimmed through code yet,

do you also plan to add a TStringGrid-like interface for cols and rows

http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/lcl/grids/tcustomstringgrid.cols.html ?

(i understand that not all TStrings does, will make sense in table row/col context...
like we wouldn't want to let StringTable.Rows[rowindex].Strings[colindex].Delete
to delete the entire column, or shift the data to close the gap...)

I wonder why nobody thought of this kind of (non-visual) TStringGrid before ? :)

I guess the TStringGrid has become very visually-centered and it's not possible
to split the visual from non-visual there any more without serious work ;)

Kind Regards

el es