[Lazarus] IDE main window?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:23:23 CET 2017

On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 18:39:21 -0500, Donald Ziesig via Lazarus

>Now that I have Lazarus 1.6.2 working :-D, I have a few questions:
>
>Is there any way to resize the IDE main window so that it extends the
>full width of the display?  Right now it only extends 2/3 of the way
>across and I have to manually scroll the components to the right.
>Earlier versions of lazarus allowed re-sizing to full width.

I have the exact same problem on a newly installed Lazarus 1.6.2 IDE.
It is put on a Raspberry Pi3 running the latest Raspbian PIXEL, where
the desktop has been changed to minimize window borders.
So I thought it was due to an incompatibility with the new RPi
desktop.

I started a new thread here named "Lazarus IDE not sizeable on
Raspbian PIXEL" since I had not seen this thread yet.

Now it seems like the problem is not an RPi related one but a general
Lazarus issue...

Since this thread has failed to answer the original question of Donald
Ziesig I would like to revive it so it will not be forgotten.

It is extremely annoying that the main window on top cannot be
resized, not to a wider size extending the width of the screen nor to
a smaller size if need be.

Why was this change done?

--
Bo Berglund