[Lazarus] Semicolon checking

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Jan 16 14:28:54 CET 2017

On 16/01/2017 12:29, DougC via Lazarus wrote:
> I'm not going to kick you, Mark, as your comments are spot on.
>
> What I think wold be very helpful to the FPC community is a warning
> that is issued when a semi-colon is immediately followed by a "begin"
> as that is an unusual construct and, as shown in the example here, an
> indicator of a likely mistake.

Well you can set the IDE to highlight such cases. (At least so long as
the ; is on the same line, and right after the else)

In Options / Editor / go to "user defined markup" (F1 should get the
wiki help)

Add a new term. Add the words
then;
then ;
else;
else ;

and if you want with several spaces too.

Then set the background color to a strong red. Et voila.