[Lazarus] Saving namespace files on WinXP

Lars noreply at z505.com
Sun Jan 29 09:45:08 CET 2017

> On 1/27/17, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>

> If you try to save a file that has a "namespace" like
> "foo.bar.unit1.pas" the IDE won't put the file extension.
>

> Is this a known bug?

But why save an fpc unit with dots in it, does this file syntax even get
accepted as a unit?

Delphi has this:
https://sergworks.wordpress.com/2011/08/09/dotted-unit-names-in-delphi/

So it would conflict/confuse with that feature?

Can you even compile an fpc unit that has dots in it? Did fpc ever
implement the delphi dotted namespace system?  (sorry, I tend to avoid new
features and stick with the old, so I have no clue)