[Lazarus] Lazarus Release Candidate 3 of 1.8.0

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Tue Jul 4 18:33:29 CEST 2017

On 07/04/2017 11:37 AM, Julius via Lazarus wrote:

> On 07/04/2017 01:50 PM, brian via Lazarus wrote:
>> I'm seeing an *extremely* strange problem with 1.8.0 RC3, AMD64
>> version as DEBs, as downloaded from SourceForge.
>>
>> I'm using the latest Ubuntu Studio 64-bit, which basically means
>> Ubuntu 17.04. Using the Lazarus IDE, and creating a totally new
>> application, every keypress appears multiple times, e.g. if I try to
>
> You have been bitten by ibus, last upgrade must have installed it or
> activated it.
>
> I don't have it on my system anymore so can't do a help on it but what
> you need to do is turn it off, something like:
>
> ibus -close
>
> or something. Then, Problem gone.
>
> ibus has something to do with asian keyboards I believe and causes
> double keystroke problems.

Well, I'm certainly not using an Asian keyboard (not unless you mean
manufactured in Asia! :) ) and I don't understand, in that case, why
it's apparently ONLY the Lazarus 1.8 RC3 IDE that's affected. In case
you missed it in my original posting, I can still use 1.6.4 with no
evidence of the problem.

However, out of curiosity, I did check, and ibus is NOT installed on
my system.

Brian.

--
Please note the forthcoming minor change of e-mail address,
brian at meadows.pairSITE.com not brian at meadows.pair.com.