[Lazarus] Which HTML render component better?

Werner Pamler werner.pamler at freenet.de
Wed Jul 5 16:22:56 CEST 2017

Am 05.07.2017 um 14:08 schrieb Alexey via Lazarus:
> Which of these two: THtmlPort, TurboPower, is better rendering complex
> HTML files, with CSS included, etc?
>
> Seems THtmlPort wiki page is big, so it is better/bigger maybe?
> TurboPower is not ok at rendeding my homepage w/o JS (cannot test 2nd
> yet).

In my Delphi times I had a few projects which used the original
THtmlPort component (THtmlViewer), and this worked great. Later, I tried
the Lazarus version in ccr, but it did not even compile, and it still
does not today.  There is a newer version on BerndGabriel's gitbub
(https://github.com/BerndGabriel/HtmlViewer), it contains a Lazarus
package, but it does not compile either (I did not investigate how
difficult it is to fix this). The old Delphi version ignored JavaScript,
I don't know whether this has changed in Bernd Garbriel's version, but I
don't think so.

Then I switched to the TurboPower Ipro HTMLPanel. It was very buggy
then, I could improved it to some degree, but it still has lots of
issues (look at our LHelp viewer). It has some css support, but I would
not expect too much. Certainly no support of JavaScript. It is good for
small pages, such as for some more interesting renderuing of the
acknowledgements on the About page of an application.