[Lazarus] Congrats to the FPC/Lazarus projects - job well done!

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Jul 13 07:54:56 CEST 2017

On Thu, 13 Jul 2017, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:

> I promise, I'll never complain about Lazarus IDE or FPC again! :)
> Long live open source development tools.

I have put this little snippet of text aside, so I can use it for future
reference ;)

> ps:
>   There was ONE thing I did like about Delphi - the "File -> New ->
>   XML Data Binding" option, where it generates interfaces and
>   classes to work with XML data or a schema. That was pretty
>   useful. Does Lazarus have something like that yet?

Not to my knowledge.
Having moved to JSON, I have written json2pas, which serves a similar
purpose, but a xml2pas is still on my todo list.

However, WST and the SDO toolkit (the latter in FPC) do provide something
similar. WST can be used to convert a XSD to pascal code.

Michael.

PS. Note 2 self: still need to insert json2pas in the json viewer tool.