[Lazarus] Translation becomes "fuzzy". Why?

Julius JuuS at mailbox.org
Fri Jul 14 11:38:08 CEST 2017

On 07/14/2017 11:06 AM, Valdas Jankūnas via Lazarus wrote:

> msgstr "„%4:s“ viduje „%1:s“ koordinatė „%0:s“ pakeista iš „%2:d“ į
> „%3:d“."
>
> After revision update this translation is always marked as
> "fuzzy,badformat". Why? Is rearrangement of arguments prohibited, or I
> don't see where I made a mistake?

In my experience this is due to a missing "msgctxt" entry.

Sometimes the po system writes one but often not. I believe when that is
specified uniquely that problem goes away. For instance:

#: linuxtrix.cltprocessinput
msgid "Input"
msgstr "Mwwaregrhh "

vs.

#: linuxtrix.cltprocessinput
msgctxt "linuxtrix.cltprocessinput"
msgid "Input"
msgstr "Mwwaregrhh "

But I'm not sure that that will get overwritten the next time po files
are written out, I don't think it does and so it should be a good fix
forever, but please let us know here if you find something different.

--
Julius