[Lazarus] Congrats to the FPC/Lazarus projects - job well done!

el_es el.es.cr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 10:25:35 CEST 2017

On 20/07/17 16:09, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jul 2017, Juha Manninen via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 2:39 PM, Ondrej Pokorny via Lazarus
>> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>>> IMO we should give the Lazarus foundation more importance/advertisement.
>>
>> It should be the other way around. The foundation should advertise the
>> project it is associated with.
>
> It works both ways, actually.
>
>> That is what foundations do with other projects.
>> Sometimes advertising requires money and the donations become handy.
>> So far the foundation has funded development of Pascal-Javascript converter.
>> There is no effort for PR or public visibility.
>> I did not get any answer from foundation members in Google+ forum
>> about this issue.
>
> Quite possible. I am not on the forum.
>
>> I still hope the PR work will come at some point.
>
> As said, I am open for suggestions.
>
> Michael.

At times I took to send the announcements of new versions of FPC and/or Lazarus to lwn.net
a couple of times - maybe the Foundation could take to increase FPC's and Lazarus's visibility over there?

Note there is a lot of bias there, towards mostly c-likes and their compilers
(and java, perl, python, haskell, rust, and other obscure langi used by 2 people in the world, /s )
(after all, the staple of that site is still Linux Kernel and 'Desktop Systems' development)

OTOH it is read by professionals - also ones who still may be thinking, that Pascal is stuck in the 90's - maybe it's
time to start proving them wrong ? To some people out there, it would be like a Whole New World ...

They could easily ignore me, puny human that I am (not even a subscriber, just enjoying reading LWN)...
They shan't ignore you that easy, as you're a proper Foundation :)

-L.