[Lazarus] Congrats to the FPC/Lazarus projects - job well done!

Wed Jul 26 10:59:19 CEST 2017

On 2017-07-25 13:01, Lars via Lazarus wrote:
> Is it because of QT 5 ?
> It says on the internets that Lumina uses QT 5

I don't actually know what GUI toolkit Lumina uses, but it might well be
qt5. If that's the cause of the huge memory usage or not - I can't say.

What I do know is that many developers these days don't pay much
attention to many things, and write pretty sloppy code. A lot of it can
be contributed to unrealistic deadlines in commercial environments where
they think developers are robots, and we can just churn out code like a
production line and at a constant rate. Then again, Lumina is not a
commercial project, so shouldn't have the same pitfalls.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/