[Lazarus] ComparePoints func

Wed Jul 26 22:25:56 CEST 2017

Hi Sven,

Thanks for clarifying the TPoint type. I thought it was a record
structure, but just wanted to make sure - as I mentioned, different
frameworks or libraries might use different types.

On 2017-07-26 21:14, Sven Barth via Lazarus wrote:
> For object types you'll need to declare global operator overloads to use
> e.g. the = operator

Then it's also good that I don't like the = operator for objects and
classes. As I mentioned earlier, I like the more OOP approach where
methods of an object/class act on the data the type holds. So
TPoint.Equals() makes much more sense to me that p1 = p2.  Just my
personal opinion I guess. ;-)

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/