[Lazarus] Codetools in distress

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Wed Jun 14 10:44:35 CEST 2017

Op 14-06-17 om 10:29 schreef Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus:
> On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:22:48 +0200
> Joost van der Sluis via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Fixed, not in Lazarus, but fpc.
>>
>> Why is it, that when I (working mostly on fpc) discover Lazarus-bugs,
>> they almost always appear to be fpc-issues?
>
> Lazarus is a good test suite for fpc.
>

>> One would thing I should be able to recognize and handle fpc-bugs... ;)
>
> May I ask what the bug was?

It's fixed in r36498 by Nikolay. It was a bug in the widestring-handling
which was already there, but was hidden and got exposed by a recent
change in the codepage-handling.

As a result #0-characters were added to fpc's output. Lazarus' parser
got confused by that. (It uses pchar's, which considered the #0
characters the end of a line)

Regards,

Joost.