[Lazarus] Lazarus not recognizing 32 and 64 cross compile

Anthony Walter sysrpl at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 05:24:27 CEST 2017

I recently rebuild fpc and lazarus from svn truck sources on osx sierra.
Within lazarus previously I was able to refer to my_freepascal_path/bin/fpc
as the compiler and cross compile to both 32bit and 64bit darwin. Now I
have to select my_freepascal_path/bin/ppccrossx64 to get access to the
64bit compiler and then I lose 32bit support.

What has changed, or what configuration should I check, to allow a single
"fpc" program to compile both to 32 and 64 bit?

Here is an example of my osx build script:

#/bin/bash
OLDPATH=$PATH
export PPC_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/Development/fpc-3.0.0/bin
export PATH=$PPC_CONFIG_PATH:$OLDPATH
rm ~/.fpc.cfg
rm -rf ~/.lazarus
BASE=$HOME/Development/FreePascal
cd $BASE
rm -rf fpc
rm -rf lazarus
svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpc/trunk fpc
cd fpc
make all
make install INSTALL_PREFIX=$BASE/fpc
make crossinstall OS_TARGET=darwin CPU_TARGET=x86_64
INSTALL_PREFIX=$BASE/fpc
cp lib/fpc/3*/pp* bin/
export PPC_CONFIG_PATH=$BASE/fpc/bin
export PATH=$PPC_CONFIG_PATH:$OLDPATH
rm bin/fpc.cfg
bin/fpcmkcfg -d basepath=$BASE/fpc/lib/fpc/\$FPCVERSION -o
$PPC_CONFIG_PATH/fpc.cfg
cp bin/fpc.cfg ~/.fpc.cfg
cd ..
svn co http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/trunk lazarus