[Lazarus] Animation library
mailinglists at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Mar 8 01:40:35 CET 2017
On 2017-03-07 19:02, Lars via Lazarus wrote:
> Do you use JWM just for testing, or JWM all the time for all work?
I've been using JWM non-stop for the last 4 years! I'll never return to
a bloated "desktop environment" again.
Things I like about it:
* I only activate the global shortcuts I need like Alt+F2, Alt-Tab.
Nothing else, so it never conflicts with any application shortcuts.
* Menus are a breeze to edit. I even used a 3rd party tool that
generated JWM include files from Gnome/KDE menus (but don't do
that any more).
* My desktop/application menu only contains what I need and use, and
items are grouped to what makes more sense to me.
* Clicking anywhere on the desktop window brings up the application
* Virtual desktops are built-in, as well as dragging apps from one
virtual desktop to another
* A Win95 like "taskbar" is built-in (optional). The same for
the trayicon areas.
* A simple theme with rectangular windows (very configurable if you are
into that kind of stuff, and you can configure rounded corner
* The ability to restart JWM without having to shut down X11 or any
of your applications.eg: to refresh the application menus or
other config settings after being edited.
* It's fast and very light with RAM usage.
* Works perfectly with multiple monitors (I have 3), and I configured
the taskbar to the center monitor only.
I can send you my config file if you want to see my layout.
fpGUI Toolkit - a cross-platform GUI toolkit using Free Pascal
My public PGP key: http://tinyurl.com/graeme-pgp
More information about the Lazarus