[Lazarus] https website for Lazarus

brian brian666 at hughes.net
Thu Mar 16 00:39:08 CET 2017

On 03/14/2017 08:07 AM, Anthony Walter via Lazarus wrote:
> Graeme,
>
> By far most of the heavy stuff is images and I don't see that as a bad
> thing. If you have a subject you want people to explore, you need to
> represent it well. Of course a website could just be static text, but
> if put some screen shots on the front page, maybe a gallery, rotating
> images linking to articles, a page header background, IMO you're more
> likely to get people stay, look around, and maybe read an article or
> explore further. Of course that's all subjective.

It's also not correct, at least for some folks. You are, of course,
entitled to write your website any way you like it, but the 'heavy
stuff' to which you refer means that people like me won't dare come
and 'explore'. Living where I do, I have precisely two options for
internet access, dial-up and metered satellite access. From the size
given in a previous message, just loading your front page will cost me
almost 0.5% of my total daily bandwidth allowance.

If your sort of attitude prevails, I confidently expect that at some
future point I will have to go back 20+ years and resume using Lynx as
my browser.

Brian.