[Lazarus] Strange problem compiling IDE

C Western l at c-m-w.me.uk
Mon Mar 27 10:29:19 CEST 2017

On 26/03/17 23:13, Martin Frb via Lazarus wrote:
> On 26/03/2017 22:11, C Western via Lazarus wrote:
>> I am having a strange problem when compiling the IDE (current svn for
>> both IDE and FPC). The compilation stops with
>
>> Warning: Recompiling Expr, checksum changed for spe {impl}
> "changed for spe"
> either spe got recompiled, or you have 2 different spe.ppu
>
> This happens for example when you
> - have 2 spe.pas
> - when you have search path for units that overlap (one spe.pas, but
> visible in the search path of 2 packages)
>
>> Expr.pas(78,12) Fatal: Can't find unit Expr used by FormGrid

It turns out the problem was indeed a duplicate spe.pas; the culprit was

components/tachart/numlib_fix/spe.pas

simply deleting this file allows the IDE to compile. (I don't use the
tachart package). This is very difficult to figure out looking at the
error messages as described in my earlier message; looking back very
carefully on the -vt output I can see that there is a ppu loading
message on the tachart unit, but then the compiler keeps on looking for
spe.pas, with no indication at that point that the .ppu has been
rejected. The volume of output doesn't help.

Colni