[Lazarus] Keyboard handling messed up in LCL (recent change)

swwei steveswwei at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 07:14:27 CEST 2017

Yes, I got the some problem today. While I'm busy with my time pressing
software project, all of sudden, I found my m-key became a <CR> key. I've
tried every possible way I can think of to fix it, but in vain.

Interesting enough, I happen to have another version of Lazarus installed
under the same user account with  its own configuration directory.  so I
turned to that version, to see if it is OK. And I found out it now had the
same problem.

My guess is somehow Lazarus mess up user's GTK environment setting file(s).

My temporary solution is switching to another user account, rebuilt my
project there to keep my work going.

Very annoying, Indeed!  It's not a minor bug!