[Lazarus] Linux 64 to Linux ARC crosscompile was:Lazarus and Windows 10 IoT

LacaK lacak at zoznam.sk
Thu Mar 30 13:24:14 CEST 2017

Alternate solution to my modified question (Cross-compile from Windows
to Linux/ARM):

- Download FpcUpDeluxe executable from
https://github.com/newpascal/fpcupdeluxe/releases (in my case 1.2.0m)
- Run it and choose InstallDir (for example D:\TEMP\fpcupdeluxe)
- Select FPC and Lazarus version (for example FPC 3.0.2 and Lazarus trunk)
- Click "Install/update FPC+Laz" (FPC and Lazarus sources will be
downloaded from SVN and build)
- Then select CPU=arm, OS=Linix and click "Install cross-compiler"
(cross-compiler and FPC unit will be compiled)

It is easy and awesome! Thank you very much for FpcUp[Deluxe]!

Unfortunately there is not mentioned on:
  http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_on_Raspberry_Pi#Cross_compiling_for_the_Raspberry_Pi_from_Windows and
  http://wiki.freepascal.org/fpcup#Linux_ARM_cross_compiler ,
that this whole process is covered by FpcUpDeluxe and user is not
required do anything manualy ;-)

P.S.1
Only drawback, which I faced is, that I can not build current stable
release of FPC 3.0.2 and Lazarus 1.6.4 using FpcUpDeluxe
(fpcupdeluxe-i386-win32.exe on Win8.1 64bit)
Program freezes and last entry in log is: Lazarus: lazbuild could not be
found, so cannot build USERIDE.
(configuration which works for me is FPC 3.0.2 + Lazarus trunk)

P.S.2
Interesting idea would be create utility which will build only
cross-compilers based on FPC already installed (like does FpcUpDeluxe
but without need/overhead of SVN checkout and Lazarus build
functionality). May be only ZIP archive with needed utilities + script
which will do needed tasks.