[Lazarus] Making sources compatible with Delphi (but Lazarus is priority)

Marcos Douglas B. Santos md at delfire.net
Wed May 3 02:21:49 CEST 2017

On Tue, May 2, 2017 at 5:58 AM, Juha Manninen via Lazarus
> On Sun, Apr 30, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus
> <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>> If Delphi sources don't use UTF8, how is the best way to mantain sources
>> that need to work in both compilers?
>
> I wonder if I have misunderstood something about your questions.
> What means "Delphi sources don't use UTF8"?
> AFAIK they do use UTF8.

Sorry about that. I stopped using Delphi at version 7, that uses ANSI.
I thought that Delphi nowadays was using UTF16.
I will install Delphi Tokyo Starter and discover these things.

> One more clarification about assigning string data:
> The potential problem is only with string literals, constants.
> Assignment between variables always goes right thanks to their dynamic
> encoding in FPC 3+.

But if I put theses constants as resourcestrings, it's Ok as Mattias
told me, right?

Thank you for these tips.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas