[Lazarus] Making sources compatible with Delphi (but Lazarus is priority)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed May 3 18:50:44 CEST 2017

Am 03.05.2017 11:34 schrieb "Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus" <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:
> For example, take a look at ConEmu for Windows.
>   * Tab support built-in
>   * Resizeable console windows

While not point and click you can resize console windows (and the window
buffer) without problems. And it's even remembered *per shortcut*!

>   * User defined encoding per console window

While not selectable upon start (I think) it can easily be changed with a
command.

>   * Font choice

Supported since at least XP

>   * better mouse & clipboard support

If you use the PowerShell window that experience is already vastly
improved. Could be that this is the case for the default console window in
Windows 10 as well.

>   * User defined "console engine" per window or tab.
>     eg: I can have Bash run in one tab and the standard
>      windows console in another.

No one stops you from running a different shell in a command window (e.g. I
often switch to cmd inside PowerShell when some program give me trouble
with the latter).

>   * color customisation

Already supported since at least Windows 7 (can't currently check older
versions).

> I don't know why anybody would still want to run the standard Windows
> console - it is 20 years behind everybody else.

Because it does its job and its part of the OS without the need to install
some 3rd party application.

Regards,
Sven