[Lazarus] Making sources compatible with Delphi (but Lazarus is priority)

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri May 5 15:28:56 CEST 2017

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Sven Barth via Lazarus
> That is mainly due to the compiler not supporting surrogate pairs for the
> UTF-8 -> UTF-16 conversion. If it would support them, then there wouldn't be
> a problem anymore...

That is a serious bug. Getting codepoints right is the absolute
minimum requirement for Unicode support. Surrogate pairs are the
UTF-16 equivalent of multi-byte codepoints in UTF-8.

Now I understand this was not caused by our UTF-8 run-time switch
"hack". It is a plain bug in FPC.
Is there a plan to fix it?

Juha