[Lazarus] visual appearance of ReadOnly state widgets

Wed May 10 15:40:11 CEST 2017

Hi,

Is it normal for read-only LCL widgets to look identical to their
Read/Write state?

For example in fpGUI read-only widgets look visibly different.
See attached animated GIF.

But with a LCL application I'm working on, read-only widgets don't
have any indication that they are read-only at all. The only slight
change is in the Calendar ComboBox widget where the icon is greyed
out.

And to make matters worse, a ReadOnly TComboBox allows me to change the
focusitem via a mouse, adding to the confusion.

I'm using LCL-GTK2 in the second screenshot, but this application run
on Linux, Windows and OSX.

Is my only LCL option to make them ReadOnly = False, and Enabled
= False?

Regards,
  Graeme