[Lazarus] Wiki page "Unicode Support in Lazarus" improved

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat May 13 18:56:18 CEST 2017

Am 13.05.2017 17:57 schrieb "Werner Pamler via Lazarus" <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org>:

> Am 13.05.2017 um 15:17 schrieb Juha Manninen via Lazarus:
>>
>> I have simplified and improved the page
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Unicode_Support_in_Lazarus I tried to move
relevant information to the top and remove duplicate information. For
example there is a short "Usage" section with simple rules and then: "These
rules make most code already compatible with Delphi." which is pretty much
what most people need to know.

> In section "Usage", "For string literals to work the source files must
have UTF-8 encoding." - Add: "This is the default for source files written
by Lazarus" - Otherwise people will begin to unnecessarily add these
"$codepage utf8" directives.

Warning: the compiler does *not* consider the file as UTF-8 without a BOM
or a set codepage!

Regards,
Sven