[Lazarus] Lazarus Release Candidate 1 of 1.8.0

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Wed May 17 19:59:58 CEST 2017

El 17/05/17 a les 19:19, zeljko ha escrit:
> On 17.05.2017 19:08, Luca Olivetti via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> The ide compiled with the qt widgetset doesn't show the same problem
>> (though it doesn't seem to be using the same fonts as other kde
>> applications)
>
> KDE Plasma is using Qt5, but ide is Qt4, so in Qt4 config you can set
> same fonts as they are in KDE Plasma and they will be exactly same.
> It's bug in KDE, since applying any setting to Qt5 (via KDE settings),
> should apply same applicable settings for Qt4 applications.
> Besides that, you can build cbindings for Qt5 and rebuild lazarus
> against Qt5 widgetset to see if there's any difference.

It took me a while to see that the c bindings are included, the
README.txt in the lcl/interfaces/qt5 directory just says:

"To use them you also need to download and install
at appropriate place the libQt5Pas.so (linux)
or Qt5Pas.dll (ms windows) or Qt5Pas.framework (Darwin).

For more information see:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/Qt_Interface"

So, after unsuccessfully compiling the beta version from
http://users.telenet.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/fpcqt4.html I finally
found http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Qt5_Interface which says that
the bindings are included :-/
They're building now.

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Tel. +34 93 5883004 (Ext.3010)  Fax +34 93 5883007