[Lazarus] The "Publish Package" functionality is horribly broken.

Fri May 26 10:21:32 CEST 2017

Hi,

I noticed this menu option in the fpgui_toolkit.lpk package. So I
selected it and made sure the “include” filter selects all files, and
nothing is “excluded”. This clicked okay. After that I had a look in the
destination directory, and there was only 9 file. Yet the
fpgui_toolkit.lpk package actually has 117 files. See the screenshot
showing the result (blue window) vs the actual package files.

So again, what is the function of “publish package”? It it is meant to
copy all units from a package to a destination directory (*), it fails
miserably at that.

I'm using Lazarus 1.9.0 r54792 FPC 2.6.4 x86_64-freebsd-gtk2

* - Seems that is supposed to be its function, based on the wiki help
     page. But clearly it doesn't do a good job.
     [http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Window:_Package_Editor#More]

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/