[Lazarus] The "Publish Package" functionality is horribly broken.

Fri May 26 14:09:34 CEST 2017

Thanks for looking at this.

On 2017-05-26 12:42, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus wrote:
> It copies the package directory with some options.
> The fpgui_toolkit directory only contains the 9 files. The other files
> are in parent or sibling directories.

But those are still part of the package. At you saying that when using
"lazarus packages" you must (or should) always limit yourself to only
one directory? Than seems a bit limiting.

I've also seen many projects where the project file and packages files
are in the root directory of a project, and all source code are in sub
directories. So all those are "wrong" too?

> It now checks if some unit/inc path are outside and disables the
> "publish" menu item.

Fine with me, but it still seems like a useless feature then. Not
actually being able to publish what is inside the package.

If it is making releases that one is after, it seems a much better
solution is still (if you use git):

   $ git archive --prefix=prj-1.4.0/ -o prj-1.4.0.tar.gz v1.4.0

or

  $ git archive --output /full/path/to/zipfile.zip master

where "prj" is the name of the project. The last parameter is the
commit, tag or branch you want to export.

I believe SubVersion's equivalent would be 'svn export ...' command.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/