[Lazarus] Howto disable Lazarus IDE using a XFCE dark theme

Donald Ziesig donald at ziesig.org
Tue Nov 7 23:30:23 CET 2017

On 11/07/2017 03:20 PM, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Nov 2017, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:
>
>> On 2017-11-06 23:58, R0b0t1 wrote:
>>> Integrated theming is a good idea because unless all assets are
>>> obtained
>>> from the windowing toolkit then there is no way to know they will
>>> mesh well
>>> with a given color scheme.
>>
>> As the saying goes: “You are preaching to the choir”. ;-) I fully
>> agree with you, hence fpGUI Toolkit supports individual application
>> theming. As standard, every fpGUI application can also switch between
>> the 8 built-in standard themes with the --theme command line parameter.
>>
>>   http://geldenhuys.co.uk/~graemeg/themes/start.html
>
> GTK can do this out of the box.
>
> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/14129/gtk-enable-set-dark-theme-on-a-per-application-basis
>

> No doubt, so can Qt.
>
> Michael.

I give up!  After looking at most of the links in this thread, I can not
get the Lazarus IDE to use anything other than the default theme ('black
on white - with language highlighting).  I would really like to use a
dark theme (white on black or gray - again with language highlighting).

I normally start lazarus from a .desktop file, but even dropping back to
the command line (with --pcp= ... ) nothing I have done changes the theme.

Could someone give me a command line that I could adapt to produce a
dark theme?

Thanks,

Don Ziesig