[Lazarus] register 3rd party help with the IDE

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Nov 11 15:27:27 CET 2017

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 09:15:02 +0000
Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

>[...]
>   // for Online help files
>    RegisterFPDocHTMLHelpForPackage('tiOPF2 Help','tiOPF2 Help Database',
>                'http://geldenhuys.co.uk/tiopf/','tiOPF');

This only registers help for the source files of the tiOPF.lpk
directory and its sub directories.
For additional directories use the AdditionalDirectories parameter.
See your own examples:

 RegisterFPDocHTMLHelpForPackage('tiOPF2Core','tiOPF2 Core Help',
             'file://$PkgDir(tiOPF)/html/core','tiOPF','../../Core;../../Options;../../GUI');

> After I rebuild Lazarus IDE, the "tiOPF Help" appears in the help
> database list, but no URL appears in the BaseURL setting, and Pressing
> F1 on any code found in the tiOPF.lpk package doesn't work.

The BaseURL is the property for the user to override the built-in
default URL. I added a read only property, so the user can now see the
default in the IDE options.

Mattias