[Lazarus] Fixed: KControls - Re: Need to use this fix in 1.8

kardan kardan at riseup.net
Thu Nov 30 15:25:40 CET 2017

Thanks for looking into this!

On Thu, 30 Nov 2017 12:52:38 +0100
Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Nov 2017 21:26:21 +0100
> kardan via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
>
> > With current https://bitbucket.org/tkweb/kcontrols/get/tip.zip our
> > project https://github.com/tomboy-notes/tomboy-ng fails to compile
> > with lazbuild 1.8.0RC5:
> > tkweb-kcontrols-e4ec3f5e4b06/source/kgrids.pas(2945,15) Error:
> > (3058) There is no method in an ancestor class to be overridden:
> > "DoAutoAdjustLayout(const TLayoutAdjustmentPolicy;const
> > Double;const Double;const Boolean);
> > http://www.tkweb.eu/en/delphicomp/kcontrols.html?action=commentaddform&par=5a14825e01662
> > https://bitbucket.org/tkweb/kcontrols/commits/9fab2d710a8c
> > (commented in trunk)
>
> DoAutoAdjustLayout exists in 1.8. Please provide some small example
> demonstrating the problem.
>
> Mattias

As code is a moving target, it's good to have tests. It looks like
the fix has been backported meanwhile. Anyway I attach my test
scripts, please excuse that I cannot provide a smaller example.

Just during writing the test script I saw

$ ././test_kcontrols_1.7.sh
kcontrols/source/kmemortf.pas(4030,10) Error: (5000) Identifier not
found "UTF8Copy"

Tk recommends: "Check if LazUTF8.pas has this function. If not then you
must update to newer Lazarus version (I recommend using the trunk via
fpcupdeluxe)."

I just redownloaded the archive for KControls 1.7 and it magically
works. I don't understand it, but it's fine. No changes to Lazarus
1.8RC5 needed.

$ ././test_kcontrols_trunk.sh
Test for KControls trunk succeeded.

The list of changes since the last release is immense and I am sure
after two years work the author will be happy to release a new version
known to work with upcoming Lazarus 1.8.
$ diff -r kcontrols_17 kcontrols_trunk|less

Kardan