[Lazarus] Dropping files on TCustomEdit

Torsten Bonde Christiansen tc at epidata.info
Fri Oct 6 10:47:19 CEST 2017

Hi List.

In my application i have started testing dropping files onto the main
form. Most of the components i am using on the form
happily accepts the file drops, but apparently this does not seem to be
the case with any decendants of TCustomEdit (eg. TEdit, TMemo).

On the main form i have checked the property "AllowDropFiles" to true,
and i've implemented a OnDropFiles method too. The procedure is
correctly activated when dropping files almost everywhere, just for the
exceptions of TCustomEdits...

Is this considered a bug, a feature or do i need to do something special
in regards to TCustomEdits?

My system:
Lazarus 1.9.0 r55954M FPC 3.0.0 x86_64-linux-gtk2

I have not tested if this is the case for Win32/64 too though...

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen