[Lazarus] Accessibility enhacement request Lazarus version 1.7

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 00:54:29 CEST 2017

Sorry about the delay. I'm not sure I can help directly.

You may want to ask on the forums. Now the problem has been expressed in
terms that someone can use to create goals.

The complexity of adding accessibility hints to custom GUI work is what led
me to suggest an external editing program. Do you know how the Lazarus GUI
functions (code hints, etc), and can you describe an analogue of that
functionality that could work for you?

Cheers,
     R0b0t1

On Saturday, September 30, 2017, Mgr. Janusz Chmiel via Lazarus <
lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
> Good evening.
> It is good idea. I will rather discuss with you out of mailing list.
> I Am using NVDA screen reader. This screen reader is very advanced and it
support many applications. NVDA support applications which are using UI
automation. So many Windows 10 apps are supported with no issues. I Am
using Windows 10 X64 bit edition. Standard Home edition. It would be
perfect, if editable field and also designer would become screen reader
compatible. But I know, how is it complex to retain visual aspect of GUI
and making it usable for visually impaired.
> I know about other editors. Such as Akelpad. But it is also necessary to
use form designer for some tasks. Thank you very much for yours interest
about accessibility.