[Lazarus] Developing a WidgetSet

Mon Oct 9 16:19:17 CEST 2017

On 2017-10-09 07:49, Lubos Pintes via Lazarus wrote:
> For example, even buttons are not accessible, on the IDE welcome page,
> screen reader reports only "button", instead of "StartIDE button", "Help
> button", etc. Yes, the button itself is native, but is broken.

It seems it is very LCL-widgetset dependent then. If using LCL-fpGUI
widgetset, then accessibility works fine when using SAK (Speech
Assistive Kit). Nothing special is required by LCL itself. At least that
is how it worked last time I tested back in 2015.

Regards,
   Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/