[Lazarus] Replacing accented letters

Koenraad Lelong lazarus2 at de-brouwerij.be
Wed Oct 11 17:31:03 CEST 2017

Op 05-10-17 om 00:29 schreef Zbyněk Fiala via Lazarus:
> I needed it a long time ago and probably there is more simple way now.
>
> Using utf8tools and LazUTF8:
> https://gist.github.com/zbyna/6d9cd98ca22fa4261f54a0a06a7e6f51
>

> Dne 4.10.2017 v 18:19 Denis Kozlov via Lazarus napsal(a):
>> You could use Unicode character decomposition.
>>
>> For example, é (U+00E9) can be decomposed into an equivalent string of
>> the base letter e (U+0065) and combining acute accent (U+0301).
>>
>> Then, you could simply delete combining acute accents, leaving just
>> the base letters.
>>
>> Denis
>>

>> On 04/10/2017 17:08, Koenraad Lelong via Lazarus wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there an easy way to replace accented letters (mostly the French
>>> one's) with their not-accented equivalents ? E.g. é -> e.
>>>
>>> I could do it with a lookup-table I think, but are there more
>>> efficient ways ?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>>
>>> Koenraad.

Hi,

I tried your routine, but is seems not to work. When I give a "normal"
string, I get the same string as result which is fine.
When I give a string with accented letters, I get an empty string as result.

Is there a way to identify the type of the string ? I.e. utf8, utf16, ...

Software is intended for Windows.

TIA,

Koenraad