[Lazarus] IPC: TSimpleIPC, ZeroMQ, nanomsg...

Denis Kozlov dezlov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 18:37:45 CEST 2017

On 20/10/2017 17:12, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus wrote:
> But, as I told you, we shouldn't predetermined ports because others
> processes, which do not belongs us, could use the same ports.
> I believe, these ports should be dynamic and the main application
> needs a way to know these informations.

You can minimize the possibility of interference by avoiding the use of
well-known and registered ports:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TCP_and_UDP_port_numbers

Option 1: Pick some obscure port, for example 12375 (I just made it up).

Option 2: Your server can attempt to bind to a range of commonly free
ports, pick the first open port and write it to a file or registry or
other location that can be read by potential clients.

Denis