[Lazarus] lazopenglcontext on Raspberry Pi?

Anthony Tekatch anthony at unihedron.com
Sat Oct 21 02:32:49 CEST 2017

On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 23:57:11 +0200, Mattias Gaertner via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:
> How did you install Lazarus?

I installed Raspbain as defined here:
  https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

Then installed Lazarus for Raspbian defined here:
  http://wiki.freepascal.org/Lazarus_on_Raspberry_Pi
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install fpc
sudo apt-get install lazarus

Then after getting lazopenglcontext failures, I tried fpcupdelux which
did not help.

> > Also, the .ppu is being generated when I try to install the
> > lazopenglcontext package:
> >
> > $ ls -al ~/.lazarus/lib/LazOpenGLContext/lib/arm-linux/gtk2
>
> Good.
> Is this path in ~/.lazarus/idemake.cfg ?
> Note that the ~/ will be the real path in the cfg.

Yes,

idemake.cfg contains this line:
-Fu/home/pi/.lazarus/lib/LazOpenGLContext/lib/arm-linux/gtk2

The openglcontext.ppu exists in this directory:
   /home/pi/.lazarus/lib/LazOpenGLContext/lib/arm-linux/gtk2

For cleanliness, I started over again by completely removing fpc, Lazarus,
~/.lazarus and did not use fpcupdelux this time.

Starting Lazarus for the first time gives this error which I am not
concerned about:
  The package EditorMacroScript (pascalscript macros) has detected a
  problem and was deactivated. The package failed its selftest with the
  message: "Failed getstr2 [Exp: "456" / Got: "abc"]"

package->install->lazopenglcontext->rebuild-ide gives this error:
  lazarus.pp(1,1) Fatal: Cannot find lazopenglcontext used by Lazarus.
  Check if package LazOpenGLContext creates lazopenglcontext.ppu, check
  nothing deletes this file and check that no two packages have access to
  the unit source..

no lazopenglcontext.ppu can be found in here:
  /home/pi/.lazarus/units/arm-linux/gtk2

package->uninstall->lazopenglcontext->rebuild-ide is back to normal.

package->open-lpk->lazopenglcontext.lpk->compile builds ppu files in here:
  /home/pi/.lazarus/lib/LazOpenGLContext/lib/arm-linux/gtk2

  use->install->rebuild-now compiles then closes lazarus
  start lazarus
  compiles new program fine
  lazopenglcontext appears in installed packages

Try compiling my program which includes:
  openglcontext
in the uses section, get this error:
  vector.pas(14,5) Fatal: Cannot find openglcontext used by vector. Check
  if package LazOpenGLContext creates openglcontext.ppu, check nothing
  deletes this file and check that no two packages have access to the
  unit source..

idemake.cfg contains this line:
-Fu/home/pi/.lazarus/lib/LazOpenGLContext/lib/arm-linux/gtk2

The openglcontext.ppu exists in this directory:
   /home/pi/.lazarus/lib/LazOpenGLContext/lib/arm-linux/gtk2

Thanks for any more clues,
Anthony