[Lazarus] lazopenglcontext on Raspberry Pi?

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 08:22:07 CEST 2017

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 9:03 PM, Anthony Walter via Lazarus
> I've done a bit of work on Pi and OpenGL and thought I'd give you some
> advice.
>
> 1) Pi only supports OpenGL ES contexts
>
> 2) Depending on your raspberry OS configuration, OpenGL ES might only be
> supported when X window manager is not running.
>
> 2a) Raspbian defaults to allow OpenGL in with X window manager running, but
> currently the actual driver does not function to the correct OpenGL ES
> specifications under that situation.
>
> For me personally, I configured Raspbian to use the correct OpenGL ES
> specifications, and that means the driver will fail to create a GL context
> if X windows is running. Don't ask me what the differences are, I really
> don't want to bother researching it, but there are problems. I've posted
> about it extensively on the Pi support forums and under Pi area of the new
> SDL forum.

Hello,

I am not very smart nor clever and I did not find this documentation.
Could you link to it? This is the best explanation for the weirdness I
was experiencing.

I read about the OpenGL ES hack to allow X11 compositing(?) but never
anything about configuration.

Respectfully,
     R0b0t1