[Lazarus] Fatal IO error 11

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Oct 23 19:54:56 CEST 2017

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 12:21:33 -0400
Donald Ziesig via Lazarus <lazarus at lists.lazarus-ide.org> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> How can I isolate the source of "Fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily
> unavailable) on X server :0.0. Xlib: request 67 length 20 would exceed
> buffer size."  The program halts without calling the debugger or
> throwing an exception.  The only indication I have is this error message
> in the Console.
>
> I can't even identify the unit where the problem lies.

Start your application with --sync :

--sync                Call XSynchronize (display, True) after the Xserver
                      connection has been established. This makes
                      debugging X protocol errors easier, because X
                      request buffering will be disabled and X errors
                      will be received immediately after the protocol
                      request that generated the error has been processed
                      by the X server.

Mattias