[Lazarus] Who is using Object Pascal in production?

R0b0t1 r030t1 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 28 06:26:13 CEST 2017

On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 7:26 AM, Marcos Douglas B. Santos via Lazarus
> I would like to propose a discussion about "What is the relevance of
> Object Pascal nowadays".
> I don't want waste your time. I just want to know if we are growing
> and being more relevant or not.
>
> I use Object Pascal (mostly FPC, some old Delphi) in production to
> make real applications. But we are seeing more and more "new
> frameworks", "new technologies" and new languages that are become more
> relevant.
>
> What do you think?

Hello,

I work with a project (Simba: http://wizzup.org/simba/) that was
written in FreePascal using Lazarus. One of the main issues with Simba
was the necessity of creating wrappers for most of what needed to be
accomplished. On a more personal note, I find Lazarus very useful for
quick GUI prototypes, but the lack of supporting infrastructure makes
it hard to use sometimes.

I appreciate the development that does take place and wish more could.
I have tried to find ways to help off and on, but all the problems
that are left are very involved.

A more impressive contribution to the list was planned but I forgot
what I was going to write. However, if you wanted to know if what you
do is useful, then yes, I think it is.

Cheers,
     R0b0t1.