[Lazarus] Who is using Object Pascal in production?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Oct 28 13:42:18 CEST 2017

Il 28/10/2017 02:42, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara via Lazarus ha scritto:

> I have similar issue. I'm looking for third party companies to
> accelerate development of my current app (used in production by around
> 200 people a day) and they all say that is obsolete technology and
> will not find programmers to maintain

You might tell them that tombstones are obsolete technology (stone age),
but nobody has managed to find a more appropriate one for that purpose.
The attempts to replace them with an iPhone app appear to have failed up
to now!
The issue is never to use the most modern technology, but the most
appropriate one.
If their programmers are unable to cope with an appropriate technology,
but only with the latest one, they'll become useless, as soon as the
latest technology is replaced by the next whatever.

However keep in mind that using an appropriate technology not widely
used, has its advantages: you beat the competition of all those who are
using the latest and inappropriate, because you'll provide a better
result at a lower cost.

Giuliano