[Lazarus] FPReport file names

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Sep 13 17:35:57 CEST 2017

On Wed, 13 Sep 2017, Graeme Geldenhuys via Lazarus wrote:

> On 2017-09-13 09:44, Michael Van Canneyt via Lazarus wrote:
>> As long as there are no command-line switch and directive for setting
>> namespaces, they are completely useless.
>
> Like I said, FPC still needs a bit more work before namespaces become
> more useful (or workable like Delphi intended).
>

> > And even with the command-line switch, the 'namespaces stop unit name
> > conflicts'argument is of course complete nonsense.
>
> It can greatly reduce conflicts.
>
> So fpreportexporthtml.pp would become:
>
>   fpc.fpreport.export.html.pp

Please take a good look at what you are writing.

You are _seriously_ telling me that the chance of conflicts is
"greatly reduced" when I use fpreport.export.html compared to
when I use fpreportexporthtml ?

Either the world or me has lost its marbles.
I'm pretty sure it is not me. At last count, I still had them all.

(But then that would be normal if I was going crazy :))

I will not argue about readability; that's a matter of taste:
I much prefer FPReportExportHTML over fpreport_export_html or
fpreport.export.html.

Michael.